Hidden scars, chapter 14





 Chapter 14

Whitney pov
It was a sunday afternoon and I was helping mom to prepare dinner in the kitchen.
It was more of a feast than a dinner cause Jasper's family would be coming over, it supposed to be some sort of introduction between the two families, after which we (I and Jasper) would be asked if we fancied each other.
I sat on the kitchen counter with a half bottle of water in my hand, I brought out my phone and checked the time.
It was 2:30, phew at least I have like 3 hours to take a nap before getting ready for the dinner.
I climbed off the counter and headed to my room, I immediately slumped myself on the bed ready for a rest.
I closed my eyes letting sleep take it course through me.
*
*
*
*
I later woke up and took a shower before getting dressed up in a silver Knee length dress with pink ankle boots, you should've probably noticed by now my outfit always have a speck of pink and silver......
Well those are my favourite colours, I never wear an outfit without silver or pink on it
I added a pink lipstick and mascara on my eyelashes before staring at myself in the mirror
💭Hmmm I look good enough💭 I said approving my hand work on myself
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dressing up to impress anyone most especially not Jasper, but I still gotta look presentable right.
By the time I was done it was 6:00, I quickly headed down to the kitchen and began dishing out the food into bowls and plates before setting them on the table.
I arranged them orderly, starting dish 🍱 first before the main course🍲 then finally dessert 🍨🧁🥧
I smiled satisfied at my hand work, the whole room was filled with the aroma from the food.
The doorbell chimmed signalling someone was at the door, that must be the Knights family.
I opened the door and saw Jasper with an elderly man and woman who I guess should be his parents.
"Good evening sir and mam, please do come in" I ushered them in politely before shutting the door.
I led them to the living room where I offered them a seat.
"I'll go call my parents but for the mean time would you like to have something, maybe a drink or something" I asked
"No dear its Alright please go call your parents" the Jasper father replied
I nodded and left their presence going to call mom and dad.
I got to their room and knocked before entering
Mom was all dressed up and dad was putting on his tie, they both still look young for their age.
"Mom, dad the Knights family have arrived" I informed
"And by the way dad you look handsome" I added
"Oh really now, so If your father's handsome then what am I" mom asked jealous
I chuckled "Mom you look beautiful and sexy for your age so you don't have to be jealous of your husband" I said
"Okay sweetie thanks for the complements......
so we'll go attend to the Knights family now you don't have to come with us, we'll call you when it time for dinner okay " dad said while I nodded
They both walked passed me with dad's arm around mom's waist, I stared admiringly at them, their love is still strong even after all this years.
I sighed going to my room, I sat down on the little swing in my room reading a novel
I was beginning to get bored so I dropped the book and took my phone to see whose online to chat with.
Jack was online so I sent him a message hoping he replies and he did
We chatted for a while before Stacey came to call me down for dinner, I said bye to Jack before following her downstairs.
*
*
*
*
We were already eating and from the looks of it they were loving the food, it made me feel proud
"Wow Mrs. Hayes I never knew you were such a good cook" Mrs Knight praised
"Thanks but I wasn't the one who cooked the food, Whitney did" mom said gesturing to me
"Really? Wow, Whitney you cooked this" Mr Knight asked unbelievably
I nodded
"I knew when I saw you that you were a perfect match for Jasper, you're smart, respectful and a good cook what more would I want from a daughter in law" Mrs. Knight said
I smiled awkwardly averting my gaze to my food, Jasper was quiet all through.
We were soon done with dinner and had dessert
*
*
*
*
We are currently at the pool lounge sipping drinks from cups, I think this is the final part of the visit. ....
Well it better be, I wanna get this shit over with
"Now that we have eaten and are full, I think it's time we come to the main reason of our visit" Mr knight said. Mom and dad nodded in acknowledgement.
"So Whitney we are gonna ask you....
Do you like or have a thing for Jasper our son" Jasper dad asked
I needed no soothe slayer to tell me what to say
"No sir u dont like him" I replied
"Oh sorry I'm sure what she meant was that she like Jasper" mom cutted in
"No mom I dont like Jasper at all" I said demonstrating with my hands
"It okay mom and dad, I too don't like her I love someone else" Jasper finally said
Words couldn't define how happy I was with what he just said
"Ok, you both are adults and should know what you want, and if you both don't like each other then I don't see any reason to go on with the marriage" Jasper dad said
"Thanks for understanding Mr knight" dad thanked Jasper dad.
I turned to look at Jasper and he did same too, I gave him a smile which he returned.
Oh boy I'm free im not betrothed, I know I still had to deal with mom but that would be later.
The Knights spent some time more before they finally left.
*
*
*
*
*
I had dumped the dishes into the dish washer and kept the leftovers of food in the fridge. After cleaning the kitchen I left to go talk to mom.
"Mom" I called walking up to her
"Are you mad at me" I asked pouting my lips
"No I'm not, you're an adult now I can't force to do what you don't want, I just wanted to create a secure future for you" she said smiling lightly
"I'm sorry if you felt like I was pressuring you to get married" she added
I hugged her tightly relieved that she wasn't mad at me
"Thanks mom for looking out for me, good night " I said before leaving her presence and heading to my room for night rest
I slept that night like a baby
Tbc
✍✍Authoress goody✍✍

Comments